Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions?....

Ok fine. Resolutions. Something to be resolute about. To be better at... To improve upon....To begin....I like that, TO BEGIN..... I honestly have always thought of myself as pretty selfish. But u know, in looking at what I want to do....I'm not doing it. I am bending over backwards to accommodate everyone else....daddy's schedules, work schedules, kid schedules.....and I'm thinking where is "me" in all of this. The general idea is to be happy....well, I'm not. There I said it. It's not so much that I've tried to accommodate everybody though to be a good person...it's more like if I do...there's less confrontation, less headache, less freaking drama....and maybe a little of trying to be nice. But the bottom line is I lost me...long ago actually. There are still so many things I want to do. All of them things, activities that make me happy....which is essential in being happy with your family and friends. I love my kids and I enjoy doing things with them...but it does not have to be 24/7 in order for me to be a good mom. Trying to convince myself.....no seriously....there is nothing wrong with "me" time....and anybody who says there is, frankly, is just plain stupid. So I've decided my resolution is to take care of me.....so i can take care of everybody else. I am going to draw and paint and sew....because I'm good at it. I am going to learn how to ski and snowboard because I love the outdoors and especially the snow. I will get back into my rock climbing and running and routinely go to the gymn because I feel my best when I am physically fit. I am also going to read for fun and dress up and go to the ballet, and theatre, and just out for a good meal....by myself if I have to....because I have always loved these things. And as I find "me" again, I am going to share all of these things with my children from time to time, so they can possibly develop love for some of these things as well. AND, I am going to stop being attached to my phone in case somebody needs me....because I need me! Love to all!

No comments: